40PARKLANE,LLCHans van Putten - Founder
Digital Marketer B2C + B2B, Web Designer UI
About – 40parklane.com
About – 40ParkLane.com describes the background of how hans van Putten a Dutch citizen, came over to the USA working for The Gillette Company. About – 40parkLane.com further describes the purchase of Carolyn’s Gourmet and successfully building the original pecan business into an award-winning gourmet treats and gifts company.
40ParkLane.llc and hans van Putten in particular have grown and developed over many years into a food business that was sold in 2014. Since 2014 hans van Putten has transformed the erstwhile food business into an Agency, specializing in Digital Marketing and Web Design, particularly using the WordPress platform.
This is Our Story
40ParkLane,llc was founded in 1998 by Hans van Putten a Dutch National, when settling down in the US with his wife and two daughters, after leaving The Gillette Company for which he had worked for 10 years .
Mr van Putten told us that “moving 6 times in 9 years was too much even for me, let alone for my wife and daughters. It was time to grow some roots, and as we all loved Concord, MA we decided to stay”.
40ParkLane,llc acquired Carolyn’s Pecans, a nut roasting brand and Victorian Treats a toffee brand and merged them into a new brand called Carolyn’s Handmade. The lines of roasted nuts, toffee and chocolate bark were sold to food outlets around the US and abroad. In addition to the cheese shops, delicatessen stores, and wine and liquor stores the brand was sold to Dillard’s, Macy’s, Bloomingdales and TJMaxx and Marshalls.
In 2014 Hans van Putten successfully negotiated the sale of Carolyn’s Handmade to The Orchards Gourmet Nuts and Gifts.
- Ethics 100%
- Creativity 95%
- Entrepreneurialism 85%
- Business Administration 90%
40ParkLane – Parklaan 40 – Where it all began!
Number of Advanced Skills
Over the years, while expanding Carolyn’s Handmade’s web presence, founder Hans van Putten decided to focus more on web design UI, digital marketing as a whole and seo/sem, e-mail marketing, social media marketing and e-commerce in particular. The company is currently in transition to position itself as the number one source for small businesses to get help with setting up or managing a business, creating or maintaining a web-presence and applying digital marketing to get the word out.
We are constantly looking for opportunities to apply our 25 years of experience to any project or full-time job that comes along.
If you’d like to chat with one of our team, please contact us by clicking on the button below.
Hans van Putten - Portfolio
Hans van Putten - Additional Qualifications
Education and Skills
- Masters of Business Administration, Aston University, Birmingham England
- Bachelors Degree Business Administration and Textile Technology – IHBO De Maere, Enschede, The Netherlands
- Karass – Effective Negotiating
- Win XP, Win 8.1, Windows 10 – PC’s, Android.
- Microsoft Office 2007, Microsoft Access 2007-2010.
- Adobe Creative Cloud: Lightroom, Photoshop – Illustrator – Indesign CC – Dreamweaver CC, Fireworks, Prelude, Premiere Pro, After Effects.
- Act, Constant Contact, Zoho, Sales-Force, SEMrush, Moz, Brightedge,Hootsuite, Buffer, Tweetdeck, Exact Target, Everypost.
- WordPress – Dolphin by Boonex – HTML/CSS
- XMind (Mind mapping), Pencil (Flowcharting),
- IBP-Internet Business Promoter
- Google Analytics, Adwords, Adsense, Webmaster Tools
- Dutch – Fluent
- English – Fluent
- German – Fluent
- French – Advanced
The Gillette Company
Position: Director of Business Planning
The International Group (Asia, South-America, Eastern Europe), Boston USA
Gillette Blades and Razors and Toiletries, Duracell Batteries, Oral-B and Braun Dental Care
- Prepared monthly reports for Gillette senior management and timely financial reviews of the performance of existing products and financial analysis of proposed new product introductions.
- Managed the preparation of analysis and studies designed to improve the performance and profitability of subsidiaries and post-auditing of new product introductions.
- Reviewed, interpreted and evaluated the annual Budgets and Strategic Business Plans, Forecasts, Capital
Expenditures and Operating results of the group and subsidiaries.
- Supported Sales and Marketing with in-depth financial analysis and evaluations of new business opportunities, including acquisitions and joint-ventures
- Liaised with Regional Group Controllers in providing assistance to local subsidiaries.
Managed and controlled the activities of a Financial Planning Manager and Strategic Planning Manager and their teams.
Position: Regional Financial Controller
Benelux & Scandinavia and Baltic States (BenScan), Rijswijk, The Netherlands
The Oral-B Division (Oral-B and Braun Dental Care)
Position: Financial Controller
Gillette Sweden, Stockholm
Blades and Razors, Toiletries, and Dental Care
Position: Administration Manager
Gillette Nederland, Rijswijk – The Netherlands
Blades and Razors, Oral-B, Stationery (Paper-Mate, Waterman)
Position: Internal Auditor
Gillette Europe, London – England
Blades and Razors, Oral-B, Stationery (Paper-Mate, Waterman)
Position: Founder – Digital Marketer, Web Designer (UI)
Key Areas of Expertise:
- Digital and brand strategist, tactician and executor, specializing in web design and UI Design, micro sites, landing pages, SEO/SEM, CMS integration (WordPress), mobile web design, email-marketing, paid search, lead generation, social marketing, mobile marketing, off-line marketing, e-commerce, Analytics, market research.
Milestones – Accomplishments
- Merged Carolyn’s Gourmet and Victorian Treats brands into successful Carolyn’s Handmade brand.
- Lead transition of 40ParkLane to “Modern Business Model” of on-line Digital and Social Media Marketing.
- Designed and developed 40ParkLane web-sites, via WordPress, Dolphin (by Boonex) and other platforms.
- Optimized search ranking of web-sites and landing pages using SEO and SEM best practices + Analytics.
- Initiated research, strategy, planning, design, implementation of digital and social media programs.
- Designed, implemented and monitored e-mail marketing campaigns and off-line marketing campaigns.
- Researched, designed and implemented e-commerce platforms.
- Designed, implemented and maintained financial and IT systems, and reporting systems including Analytics.
- Re-designed Carolyn’s Handmade packaging, brochures, flyers and other POP materials.
- Lead successful sale of the Carolyn’s Handmade Brand.
- Re-designed 40parklane.com to reflect new strategic direction.